Thursday, January 04, 2007

A long break

Its been a while since i wrote...

I really wasn't expecting to take that long of a break, but with the holiday session, visiting friends and family, and suffering from a horrid cold over the past couple of days just made me forget about writing...

I never realized how misguided my thoughts become based solely on my singular entity. And even now contemplate why i write. I realized I can never achieve find nirvana by mere words. I can study teachings of foreign religions, review thoughts from afar from my own standpoint, and also the stand point of others but at the end of the day where am i really?

To be honest I find writing as a way to keep my mind clean, to write down old thoughts and continue expanding, continue finding new things. If we don't write, were stuck on the side of the road, thinking the same thoughts, doing the same actions, running in circles like a common animal.. We could never organize, re-think or undo stupidity.

The bottom line is writing gets things out, ideas that would never be, ideas that might be, and ideas that are so close someone had to say something. If we didn't write, it would be pathetic to always run around in circles with ideas that were never meant to be.

I find it best to quote Barack Obama:

"The dream will not happen, and he now faces the choice of accepting this fact like a grownup and moving on to more sensible pursuits, or refusing the truth and ending up bitter, quarrelsome and slightly pathetic."

Life is dreams, its about knowing when to have something and when to let go.. What pursuits await me i do not know, but the dreams of old I shall let go (I'm an adult). Running in circles is pointless, and i believe the only way to finally accomplish this is to be an adult and finally write what I have began realizing so many months ago.

No comments: