Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Another Room

How To Escape

Part
1, 2, 3

-----------------------------------------
             I swung my head around,
                     Immediately
         glancing petrified,
                         at the door, 

                 Nothing,
                          



                     
   It took several moments,
            of silence,

       Before I dared
                      reach for my phone,
              Out of service,
   
                   "Fuck",
                       "What",

                      my breathing 
                                becoming heavy,
                            "What the fuck was that"?

                          Everyone else,
                                       Seemed to have the same,
                      delayed,
                                     but daze,
                                                      Reaction,

               That is,
                       Everyone except,
                   A stoner, 
                       who was sitting behind me,
          With popcorn crumbs,
                          Stuck in his beard,

           He was laughing,
                          Hysterically,

                   Shoving popcorn,
           As fast as he could,
                          Into his mouth,

       Nom,
                  Nom,
                              Nom,

     "Best movie ever man"
                            The stoner exclaimed,

               Slurping loudly,
                                  On his now empty beverage,

                I Glanced
                        at the screen,
                      then at the lights,  

                          And to my astonishment,
                     Began to speak,

                 " Dude....."
                       I said in a hushed tone,
                          "Shut the fuck up,
                                          Do you see any lights on?
                                   Do you really think,
                              That was the movie??"

          A scream sounded,
                    In the adjacent room,
              Like she was hiding,
                                      And whatever is was,
                               Found her,

              The stoner continued

                       "I call that great acting man,
                The stoner got up,
                              and i just like,
                         you know,
                                  don't like your whole,
                     attitude man"

                 I continued whispering in earnest

           "Please sit down and shut the fuck up,
                           seriously what the fuck are you on.
                        theres no fucking power in here."

          I felt the eyes 
                        of the movie theater,
                  Burn into my back,

            The stoner stuttered,
                      "Shhhh shhhouldn't be usin,
                              That  Foul language,
                 Man, 
                    "I'm gonna have to report you,
                               Brodude,"
             My mouth went wide,
                                   Was it shock,
                          I'm not quite sure,

                  But I do know,

                I'll never forget,
          Those last moments,
                            Right before, 
                    He walked outside,
                                        The theater door.

(Previous Post Next Post)
              

No comments: