Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Nightmare

In my lifetime,
       I have experienced many nightmares,
   but none that tried to blatantly scare me so,
                     Since I was a child.

  It was dark,
         pitch black,
  I could see nothing,
          because
       my eyes were closed.

There was a faint sound,
  a mechanical sound,
    an engine,
        And the slight vibrations,
 from the road,

 I'm in motion,
     now what's this commotion?
  Who are these panicked voices?

            I noticed it was warm
   Approaching hot,
           But a window was cracked,
     and cold air blast,
              heightened my senses.

      I opened my eyes,

     We were driving down the road,
Going too fast,
            Dad were going too fast,
   I shouted to my father,
             as he gripped the wheel,
       
 I tried to shout,
            But i was in shock as the vehicle,
       raced to the top of a hill,
           briefly lost contact with the road,
    And is racing down,
         At an alarming rate.

         My father struggled,
                   to keep the car straight,
        almost losing the vehicle,
              to the left,
                  and to the right,

        The front tires
                  suddenly blown,

         But the speed of the car,
              never slowed,
                          Until we approached,
                  Another vehicle,

                        Smash,

                          The car was now connected,
                   to rear,
                         of a police cruser.

           His lights went on,
      And his eyes,
            In the mirror,
                   Told the story,
                begging for us to stop,

           but we couldn't,

           The road was running out,
                we approached a turn,

                A smell of burnt rubber,
                    potently perfumed the air,
              But it was no use,
                      The police cruser was forced off the road,
                      And with a bang,
         and hit a tree,
            
               We continued down the road,
        Several terrifying miles later,
                As the incline of the hill gave way,
          To the valley floor,

          my father
              was finally able to pull the car,
                    to the side of the road,

             But he didn't stop,
                              The car continued,
               down a dirt access road
                      to a lake with a wooden dock ,
                 casting dust in our wake

                  When the arrive at the lake,
             My father was first out of the car,
                    visibly shaken,
                 As we all chased after him,

              But
               Something didn't seem right,
                       There was a smell,
                 Of salt,
                      The Ocean,
                   A feeling,
                              Of Worry,

               I Caught up to my father,
                      but he seemed crazy,
                 insane,
                       Out of place,
                           He didn't understand what happened,
                  and was holding a gun,

             I can't live with what just happened,
                           He stated,
                    I looked away,
     
                I can't live with myself,
                     Look at me,
                   My father shouted,

                  I couldn't,
                          I refused,

            The sound of the gun went off,
                          As tears rolled down my eyes,
                    I heard my sister shouting.

                                Why...

           And those sirens blared in the background,
                searching for answers,
                        
              I was crying,
                    Litterally, crying,
                 As the officer put his arm around me,
                But something still isn't right about this,
                               My father,
                          Wait,
                                My father has already died,
                                    He's dead,
                             Which means
                                             I'm dreaming...........


               I awake in my bedroom and notice my black sheets,
                        wrapped around my body,

                  There grip tightening,

                              I sensed disappointment,
                                   Was in the air,
                                Taken by logic,
                                      foiled a well planed ,
                                           scare,

                       A figure emerged,
                            Grabbing my soul,
                      And throwing it against the wall,
                                  As my body lay,
                          Motionless.

No comments: