Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Things to Strive For

Tomorrow might just be the most interesting day of your life.

I must quote mart's blog before i can continue because i believe it is very reliant to what I'm going to accomplish tomorrow.

"If, for the next year, you could increase the expression of one attribute in your life, which would you pick:
patience
obedience
temperance
kindness
courage
perseverance
respectfulness"

All these attributes sum up together with my switchboard construct the mental rules and regulation that exist. If you lack these attributes in any form you will not be able to properly fuse attributes to your life.

Now for the fun part. I'm going to attempt to fuse a few attributes together tonight as a sorta "life experiment" that i entirely have no clue what is going to happen.

To begin, i already gave up cigarettes, and today while at the bar I was repulsed by the smell of them and the texture of the smoke.

Other fuses:

1. I'd like to scale down the quantity of meat products I eat through out the day. Not yet abandon meat products, but just see if its possible. I realize that this could be hard due to the fact that almost everyone around me appreciates beef, steak, chicken, ect. I don't want to be a hassle, but i do have this weird feeling that i'm eating something that was alive. Something that was killed for my pleasure. 
UPDATE: I have found this impossible to do, but giving up fast food is a better goal to have..

2. Another attribute i want to fuse is living healthy. I want to lose weight, and be around 175-180 pounds (the weight i finished college at.) This would include trying to make more wise choices in my diet while also exercising every single day. It just seems like I'd be happier if i was more concerned about my health and not having my old self in charge of my diet.

3. Temporally give up any form of sex and try to have better control over my life and make better decisions. This obviously won't be a long term fuse, but rather a temporary fuse that gives me more control before i'm ready to move forward in that direction.

4. Mentally say the right thing. Try to think before I say something that could be interpreted in the wrong way and be fully truthful with individuals. It includes saying something and meaning it; follow by example.

5. Start a review process for fusing my life togeather by meditation. I need to allow myself to review my life and will allow for 10 minutes everyday to review the fuses in my life and the switchboards that exist throughout the world.

6. Discover the world, try to find things that no one else has discovered and start sharing it with individuals.

7. Respect everyone, including myself.

Obviously if i break any of my 8 fuses I'll record them here, but for now I'm excited to wake up tomorrow.

No comments: