Monday, February 05, 2007

Circles: Part Six: Battlegrounds

Author Note: This is a combination of storyline between circles 4 and 5. so it would be wise to re-read those parts to understand how we are traveling through Alvin's mind. Also I enjoy the view of two story lines, one in the real world, and one inside the consciousness of Alvin. Its getting increasingly difficult to continue onward because periodically I now have urges to go back an develop the story a little more, but i feel i need to continue moving and not get too concentrated on one particular area yet.

The sky,
Its caving in.

Upon my impact,
a crater,
I must Climb,

The swirl,
of Browns,
and Blues,

My head,
piercing,
form blurred light.

Bones broken,
groans sounded,
laying helpless.

The sky changes, clouds roll in from the west, and moisture hits the oppostie side of the field.

My hand lay,
outward,
a mace,
a shield.

Across the field,
a hand,
reaching,
out of their hole.

A silence , watching across the field, as hundreds repeated our steps.

The heart beats,
The minds race,
And the body full fills our actions.

The voices of panic,
our leaders,
Took control,

Irrational thoughts,
they,
lead the charge.

Our footsteps,
softened,
by the wet earth.

A look of puzzlement,
of horror,
from our opponets.

Why do we play heavy metal music?

Their last thoughts,
before the slaughter.

I place,
my mace,
in a face.

Chunks of flesh,
I wipe,
with my finger.

Their thoughts,
still linger.

We congratulate,
take pride,
our victory.

Hundreds of victims are perished in our wake,

What a view,
the sky turns pink,
we set our camp,
across a lake.

The fires burn,
We toast
to glory,
victory,
our honor.

But wait..
What's that music?
Heavy metal?

I turn,
to see them,
charging in,

My eyes widened,
A beacon for their sword,


Jab,
Slash,
Cut,
Thrust,
These motions impacting my body,

As fast as they came,
they were gone,
Vanished among the stars,

The light fading,
from our eyes,
and the cold seeping in,
I say my prayers

Ashes to ashes,
dust to dust,
the land replenishes our bodies.

Where flesh once was,
dust took its place,
and then we race,

Finding the villains,
and destroying them again,
Wiping the dust from my mace,

They counter attacked,
We attacked back,
slaughtering each other,
until the earth took hold of our bodies.

No longer resembling our selves but still filled with vengeance we attacked again,
Thousands of times,
across the field,
and back,

My hand laid,
once more awaiting the earth.
alas it found,
finding a cloth,
pure white,

I wipe my face,
my body,
the flesh returns,
I glance upward,

see a man,
bearded,
glowing,
and white,

The words he spoke,
Come my child,
away from this place,
I can help you,
but not this race.

To Part 5 or To Part7

No comments: