Saturday, March 11, 2006

Expression

Its 2:00 am, and my mind is restless racing though the future.  To ease its worried state I pop in a CD my friend Adam gave to me during our last encounter. And Frankly I'm amazing how music effects and connects us to different times and places in life.  And these new songs will continue to define our lives just like the smell you would get from your mothers lasagna when you first open the door.

I've  realize that there is a song for every situation that exists in the world and these songs express emotions go by unnoticed until they are heard.  To sing and echo as long as humanity exists is mind bending just thinking about  Elliott Smith , Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and John Lennon as individuals who's ability never peaked.  True artists of expression.

I've been thinking about how to express myself, but in the whole process I jumble up word choices and spend more time looking dictionary.. Eventually I can vastly improve my vocabulary but I can already foresee the limiting potential language gives....

For example:

Imagine if Abraham Lincoln sang the Gettysburg address; how spectacular the song would be. Was he content with mere words?  Or was depressed to the limiting factor that a voice was; unable to hit the highs and lows and therefore forced to deliver a mono tonal speech.

It's the building of art. A masterpiece left unfinished.... But Everything is left unfinished....To capture emotion in mere words, that's the real task...

To conclude tonight i wrote a poem:

My world began eons ago...
and will end abruptly
                                  
Everything you ever wanted
Ceases to exist
When you pass into the vale


No comments: