Thursday, January 11, 2007

Circles: Part Four : Freefall

Propelling weightless through empty space,
Through distant lands,
As though a race,
The wind whips past my body.
Stars and galaxies past the eyes,
Listening to the screams,
The alarms of terror,
We fall together.
My comrades,
My friends,
I ask them,
Why do we fall from distant stars?
I reach for them for guidance,
but they’re lost in self-reliance.
My voice droned,
In outer space,
They can not hear,
Blinded,
by pure horror.
Images past before my eyes,
My childhood dreams,
Transformed,
Unrealized.
Did I change?
Become unwanted?
Or unknowingly dissolve ?
A grain of salt,
In salt water.
Were bound together,
By purest of liquids.
Solar winds guide our essence,
A passing probe,
Studies our existence.

A meteor hits,
Deflects our direction,
Were pointed now toward,
The nearest light.
It burns,
It separates,
It takes us all.
The planet cools as we fall.
Landing finally on our backs,
We look above,
Another Liquid,

Falling,

Across the field.

To Part 3 or To Part 5

No comments: