Saturday, March 17, 2007

Projects

I have found out after college you need a diverse amount of activities to grab hold of your time so you don't lose your mind. Firstly I'll say I'm most likely going to be working down in Harrisburg for a company called rite aid, I don't plan on moving down there as of yet but I'll be able to get money to fund some projects of mine.

The first project of course is my book circles which is coming along alright, i realized if you concentrate too much on a project you get tired of it. You need breaks from a project that's going to take a vast amount of time to accomplish. I hope to have my first draft of my book by the end of may but realistically it'll be more near the end of July.

The second project I'm working on is a project that i tossed aside when i left my job at penteledata. I had this idea for a website called brew trip which i definably don't want to get into a site where people can go to and rate beer (ratebeer and beeradvocate) for those sites already do that. Instead I want to properly properly educate individuals on beer, give them a tool that will enable them to be better informed brew travelers, and come up with a way to promote brew destinations whether it be through some award system, judgement process, or other means yet defined. Actually traveling to these places and doing a photojournalism type idea also seems like a neat thing to throw in..

The third project is just jamming with the band again, recording our random jams and working on a few songs.. Its the lowest on the project list but if we get serious again i can always throw up the old band website.

(You always need three examples to make yourself look creditable, i don't know why but it always looked better then a yes or no answer.. You always have to have the possibility of both, or maybe even neither. Anymore then that and your rambling)

I just like having these three projects now, I cut out the hour i spent everyday playing city of heroes to pursue these and i sometimes get so caught up in them i have to glance at the clock more then i should..

The main thing i guess is, you enjoy what your doing. You have breaks from what you enjoy, and you finish your goals.

No comments: