Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Trapping

My dad caught a squirreltoday,
In one of those traps,
That makes an individual wonder,
how stupid animals really are...

It went in the trap,
that had one entrance,
my father placed food placed in in the center,
so once it entered the front door for the food
the door would close...

Now this squirrel,
clawed all around the trap in the morning,
but did not enter the trap,

It took until i came home from work that i discovered,
the squirrel by a rustle of noise,

I was surprised to see a squirrel so big that filled the whole trap,
(probably a good foot, foot and a half long...

Realizing the squirrel was successfully secured in the trap,
I listen to it rustle against the metal cage,
for a little while,
amazed that the squirrel actually went in there,
and I waited for my dad to get home,
so we could take the squirrel out of town,

when he arrived,
we drove to the forested area just past a wood mill,
and I pulled the car over so my dad could get out,

when we released it
my father had,
a proud look on his face,
followed by a surprised expression on how fast the squirrel moved,

he got back in the car,
and told me,
his friends catch these squirrels,
and release them into the forest,

one of his friends,
caught more then 20.

On the drive home,
I thought this was something i would do,
if i didn't have to do anything else,

something i would of done if i had some money
when i was younger,

so
I guess its a game,
you play when your older,
trying to find things,
to occupy the mind.

Sounds like re-living a childhood...

No comments: